TERMS & CONDITIONS of HIRE for MARQUEES & EQUIPMENT
1. CONDITIONS. The company will submit a quotation which the hirer shall accept in writing: the absence
of such written quotation or acceptance however shall not invalidate the Contract, and all the work quoted for
and undertaken by, or goods hired from the company shall be subject to these terms and conditions and the
hirer by authorizing or allowing work to proceed or goods to be delivered is deemed to have confirmed the
contract and to have these terms and conditions.
2. PERIOD OF HIRE. The period of hire is understood to mean the period for which the marquee or
equipment is required to be ready and available for use, until the equipment has been dismantled and
3. CONDITION OF SITE. The company’s quotation for hire charges is made on the assumption that the
site on which the tents or equipment are to be erected or to which goods are to be delivered is;
(a) flat level firm ground with easy access for heavy motor transport and
(b) has no drain pipes, cables or other services buried beneath the surface or otherwise concealed.
The proposed site will be surveyed by the company and if the said site does not comply with these requirements the company may in its discretion either rescind the contract by giving oral or written notice to the hirer or make additional hire charges. The company shall not be liable to the hirer for any loss damage or expense resulting from such rescission of the contract.
4. PAYMENT. The company reserves the right to charge a non-refundable deposit of €100 to confirm the booking, the balance will be payable on delivery.
5. LOSS OR DAMAGE. The hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment on hire from the time of delivery until collection. The hirer will be responsible for the safe custody of the company’s property on the site, and will make good to the company all loss or damage to the company’s property or equipment hired or used on
the site (other than fair wear and tear) such as breakages etc., including those due to theft or burglary, unless it be proved that such loss or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the company. No guarantee can be given that the equipment will be removed the following day, we will do our best to meet the wishes of our clients whenever possible. We cannot accept any items in place of our own.
6. INSURANCE: The hirer should notify their insurance company or broker of the use of the Marquee & equipment on their premises and indemnify the company against any loss or damage arising to or from the use of the Marquee & equipment.
7. LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES. The company will not be responsible for and the hirer will indemnify the company against all claims for injury to persons or loss of or damage to property howsoever caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the company.
8. PERMITS. The hirer is responsible for giving notice to or obtaining all necessary permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must make application where necessary to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade, and any similar authority or organisation. Any cost as
incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence of or misrepresentation of all such necessary permission and permits shall be payable to the company by the hirer and shall be deemed to be part of the hire charge for the purpose of Clause 6 hereof.
9. MODIFICATION OF CONTRACT. No verbal representations or arrangements are recognised by the company and these terms and conditions shall only be modified by supplementary written contract.
10. CHARGES FOR DEFICIENCIES CAN BE OBTAINED ON APPLICATION TO THE HIRE OFFICE.
Note: The Company is Irish Marquee Hire.
Valid from March 13 2007.
11. Online Payments
PAYMENT – PAYPAL & STRIPE
Our store is built using Woo Commerce. They provide us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Our direct payment gateway is Stripe who allows us to process payments securely.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Stripe stores your credit card data. The information that you provide for payment (credit card data) is not stored by us but is processed by Stripe, it is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read their Terms of Service or Privacy Statements at www.stripe.com
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Google Analytics / Search Console Verification:
Our store may use Google Analytics, Google Verification, and SEO to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at. This provides us with an overview of the information we can use for targeted customers online. This is data such as demographics, behaviors on-site, time spent on our website, etc.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
We don’t store credit card information as we are using PayPal to process all of our online transactions, therefore your personal card details will not be stored on our system. This is our way of ensuring your online safety.
To ensure your safety on our site, we use an SSL cert to process transactions.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
We use session cart cookies. These little cookies enable your shopping experience to be smoother. These cookies have a life span of 60 minutes.
Google Search Console:
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
If you sign up to our newsletter, you have given us permission to use your details to send you offers, news, updates etc.
We will not sell your private information without your consent.
We do not store your credit card details on-site – therefore it can’t be obtained via hacking etc.